Introduction and Special Instructions
Lesson 9 - Discrimination versus Discernment
- We will explore what judgement means
- Link usage of judgement and “discrimination”, and why this may be problematic
- Explain the overuse of terms
- Suggest using the word “discernment” when we that is what we really mean
- Become aware when choosing words, as words contain Power
It is the opinion of the author of this workshop that we use the term discrimination quite liberally, when instead the word discernment may be more appropriate. Having grown up in an environment of legalized discrimination (in South Africa under apartheid), the author is well aware of the energetic charge behind the word discrimination. Words carry Power. We need to use them wisely.
As soon as we judge something, we have a need to defend our position. This is a sure way to lose personal Power!
Special instructions for this session: So far in this workshop, you have been asked to suspend judgement, to keep an open mind. The reason for this request will now become clear. It is important not to judge yourself for times when you may have used the word discrimination inappropriately.